Summer is a time for frequent holidays and backyard barbecues. It’s important to let loose from time to time, but how do you balance celebrations with your health goals when it seems like there’s an event to attend every week? Here are our top Holiday Health Tips to ensure you don’t fall too far off track during your summer festivities.
Top Holiday Health Tips
- It’s better to have a plan to reference going into the holiday than just winging it. So if you have not “started” maybe today is a good time to implement some boundaries and strategies if you plan to attend functions revolving around food and drinks.
- It’s better to be “starting now” than waiting till more damage is done and swimming upstream AFTER the weekend is over.
- This and every other holiday will come each and every year. Not to mention there is ALWAYS another holiday, event, excuse right around the corner. So learn to live comfortably with these situations. Have plans, strategies, and confidence.
- Prioritize your indulgences and functions. Choose something you might be looking forward to to partake in, like whatever dessert is there and enjoy that “vice”. Also remember, you do NOT have to say “yes” to everything you are invited to!
- Don’t try to be perfect, just be better than you may normally be. Be mindful of your goals and get back on track asap.
- Practice saying “I don’t” vs. “I can’t.” It really puts you back in the driver’s seat with control. Your language and attitude going into the weekend will affect how it goes.
Have fun this summer and remember that if you fall off track, it’s not the end of the world. The expert nutrition coaches at Balanced Habits are always here to help wherever you are in your health journey.
How Well Do You Know The Basics of Balanced Nutrition?
Take This Quiz To Find Out!
Balanced Habits™ 2022 All Rights Reserved